Search

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Not a Creature was Stirring...

Not even a mouse! These Christmas mice cookies are so simple and so cute! I got the recipe from www.tasteofhome.com and I'm so glad I found it. It does take a little bit of time, but it's only for chilling the mix. Once everything is ready it really doesn't take long at all to make these cute mice. I will say that once everything is mixed and before you put it in the refrigerator, it kind of looks unappetizing. Once it's chilled and you're done making the mice, they actually taste good! Also, I don't like getting my hands dirty so I had to wash my hands at least 3 or 4 times before I was finished, but it was worth it! :)


Here's the recipe:




Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup NestlĂ©® Tollhouse® Semi-Sweet Morsels
  • 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 40 wafers), divided
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 36 red nonpareils (sprinkles)
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 18 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)

Directions

-In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1 cup crumbs and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.


-For each mouse, roll about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture into a ball, tapering one end to resemble a mouse. Roll in remaining chocolate crumbs to coat. Position nonpareils for eyes, almond slices for ears and licorice pieces for tails. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.


(I only made three so I didn't need a lot of sprinkles, almonds, or licorice.)

Hope you enjoy these Christmas mice!! They will be a cute addition to any Christmas party!

Check back tomorrow for another completed project!!




No comments:

Post a Comment